Volunteers are always needed in so many different areas. Some of the many activities we need help with are:
- Prior to or on the morning of adoption days and special events, we need help with getting the rescues “all pretty” – bathing them, cleaning their ears, filing their nails, and other primping.
- Warm bodies are also needed to man the booth at our adoption days and special events. We provide handouts and pamphlets describing our group, along with updated information on available rescues. We love “family reunions” and always welcome our adopters and their rescued “kiddoes” out to our special events.
- We need volunteers in other areas of the city and state to assist in the pick-up and transport of Boston Terriers into rescue. We have rescued Boston Terriers from Austin, Bay City, Baytown, Beaumont, Bryan, Clear Lake, Cleveland, College Station, Colleyville, Conroe, Crosby, Dallas, Fort Worth, Galveston, Houston, Irving, League City, Lufkin, Montgomery, Pasadena, Spring, Stafford, Sugar Land, The Woodlands and Texas City. With so much territory to cover, we welcome volunteers from any locale.
- Doing home visits for potential adopters is another much-needed area of volunteerism for our group. We have typed checklists for home visits also.
- If you are able to post flyers at pet stores and veterinarians in your area, we can send a supply to you. Also, if your local pet stores donate broken bags of food or other dog items, we accept those as well!
- Processing adoption applications is another huge need for us as we receive new applications 7 days a week. The sooner that we can approve new adopters, the sooner that the rescues can get into their forever homes.
We receive applications from around the United States and Canada, so out-of-state volunteers are also welcomed!
In addition to those listed here, we welcome creative input on other ways to help.